Happy day of love! At Sustainable Snacks, we believe Valentine’s is a time to celebrate all love: love for oneself, love for one’s partner, love for family and friends -- and, of course, love for chocolate! Whether you’re spending the evening watching rom-coms with your gals, or cooking a romantic dinner for two, we’ve created the perfect, healthful celebratory dessert: Spicy Chocolate + Avocado Mousse. Our mousse is a wonderful combination of rich dark chocolate and warming spices -- without any of the bad stuff. We hope you love it just as much as we do!
Spicy Chocolate + Avocado Mousse
2 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
½ c dark chocolate (70% or higher), chopped
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ c full fat coconut milk
⅛ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp cayenne
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
½ cup Spicy Cherry + Almonds Sustainable Snacks
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 minutes spurts. Once melted, stir the chocolate and allow it to cool.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk, sea salt, cayenne and maple syrup to a food processor or blender. Top with cooled, melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Divide mousse into 4 glass ramekins
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours so mousse can set
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator and top with Spicy Cherry + Almonds Sustainable Snacks.
Cheers to a fabulous day of love!