Let’s be honest, we could all use a momentary escape right now. Our Spicy Chocolate Avocado Ice Pops are so delicious and refreshing, they will transport you to your favorite, currently off limits, summer vacation destination and make you temporarily forget the state of the world! Take a deep breath, whip up our pops and escape!
Spicy Chocolate Avocado Ice Pops
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6-8 hours (for popsicles to freeze)
Yields: 4-8 ice pops, depending on mold size
2 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
½ c dark chocolate (70% or higher), chopped
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ c full fat coconut milk
⅛ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 minutes spurts. Once melted, stir the chocolate and allow it to cool.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk, sea salt, cayenne and maple syrup to a food processor or blender. Top with cooled, melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in Spicy Cherry + Almond Sustainable Snacks
- Divide mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours until solid.
- To serve, remove the popsicles from the freezer and allow them to defrost for 3-5 minutes (depending on room temperature) to remove without breaking.